Tickets are now available.
A unique experience at a reasonable price.
- Full event pass, access to all sessions and activities
- Your food and drinks for the weekend***
- Special Team Package now available
Rooms starting as low as: *
- Beautifully appointed and comfortable rooms
- A quick indoor walk to and from the sessions
- Free parking & internet
Companion tickets: **
- Food and drinks for the weekend***
- Bring your significant other, family, or a friend
- Enjoy the fun after-hour group activities
All prices subject to additional taxes.
*Accommodations must be reserved at time of ticket purchase. Due to the conference's remote location, guests will be required to stay at the Fairmont Le Château Montebello for a minimum of two nights (Friday and Saturday). A limited number of rooms with multiple beds are available for sharing with other conference attendees. An additional $5.50 per person daily charge also applies.
**Companion tickets also available for the other members of your family. Each ticket covers food and drink and participation in any group activity for the weekend for one family member. For children 6-12, companion tickets are $149 CAD. Children 5 and under are free.
***Includes gratuities. Includes all non-alcoholic beverages, and a limited amount of alcoholic beverages.
A New Experience
NSNorth is Canada's independent conference crafted specifically for developers and designers who specialize in Apple's platforms of iOS, Apple Watch, and Mac.
Recognizing the constant evolution in our industry, NSNorth is offering another new experience for 2015. We are preparing a weekend that will have you learning, socializing, dining, and relaxing in rustic elegance at the Fairmont Le Château Montebello, a beautiful resort situated along the Ottawa River, mid-way between Ottawa and Montreal. Five star accommodations for only $179 CAD per night!
Apple Watch, Swift, iOS and Mac: We present the evolution of the platform, how we work, and how we live.
Twelve Fantastic Speakers
- Jim Dalrymple
- Georgia Dow
- Gordon Fontenot
- Matt Klosterman
- Ash Lindquist
- Chris Liscio
- Vanessa Logan
- Christa Mrgan
- Ashley Nelson-Hornstein
- Mark Pavlidis
- Jonathan Penn
- JP Simard
Jim has been following Apple and its products for the last 17 years, first as one of the original members of MacCentral, then at Macworld. He held several positions at Macworld over the 10 years, including his final job as Editor at Large, before leaving in May 2009. Jim’s work has been in many publications including Macworld, PC World, Computerworld, Macworld UK and many others. He’s also appeared as an expert on several television stations including CNN, Fox, CBS and ABC.
By day, Georgia Dow is a licensed psychotherapist in private practice and motivational speaker. By night, she’s a senior editor at iMore, where she covers Apple and related products. She’s also co-host of the Isometric, Review, and Vector podcasts, where she discusses how games, media, and technology intersect with the human experience, and a 2-time Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu champion.
Matt hails from Dallas, TX and is an iOS and Apple Watch app developer at Infofission LLC. Matt got his first taste of mobile development in 2004 working with real-time weather data. He released his first iOS app in 2008 and since 2010 has focused on consulting. He is currently the lead developer on the American Airlines Apple Watch app.
Ash is an iOS Engineer for Storybird, one of the worlds largest storytelling communities for writers, readers and artists of any age. With a degree in computer science and a background in web design she loves transforming design concepts into delightful user experiences. When she’s not working on awesome projects, she enjoys inspiring others to listen to their hearts and follow their dreams, no matter how outrageous they may seem.
Vanessa Logan is a technical artist at Sago Mini, a top 10 kids app developer focused on making engaging play experiences for preschoolers. As a technical artist, Vanessa sits at the intersection of art and programming, handling asset integration - converting art, animations and sound into adorable experiences that make kids laugh. Based in Toronto, she has a background in web design and interactive art installations.
Christa Mrgan has a background in video compositing and graphic design, and has been designing user interfaces since 2008. She’s passionate about creating software that's functional and friendly, and brings that passion to Rogue Amoeba, where she designs audio software, and to App Camp for Girls, where she teaches teen girls about icon and interface design. She’s also written for Macworld and The Magazine, and lives with her husband and two children in Portland, Oregon.
Ashley Nelson-Hornstein is an iOS developer at Dropbox. Despite numerous attempts to avoid being a programmer, Ashley fell in love with the iOS platform at Apple, and later developed a passion for crafting intuitive user interfaces as a lead at a news startup named Circa. When not driving new features or advocating for accessibility at Dropbox, Ashley enjoys reading, weightlifting, and trying really hard not to let her blog go stale.
Flixel Photos Inc.
Mark is a co-founder and VP Technology at Flixel Photos Inc, makers of Cinemagraph Pro and winner of an Apple Design Award in 2014. Prior to Flixel, some of Mark’s work included making it easier for people to read digitally, contacting help in an emergency, and reverse engineering the control system of a nuclear reactor. When not making with software, he is likely making something with coffee, cocktails, or wood.
Jonathan is an author, speaker, tinkerer, tweaker, and currently lives in sunny San Jose, California where he builds things he can't talk about. When not working as a glorified typist programming slabs of glass, Jonathan loves to trace the interconnecting webs of myths that feed our assumptions—even if it leads to uncomfortable realizations.
What People are Saying
“NSNorth is one of the best conferences I have ever been to. You are likely to meet every single attendee, including the presenters, when you’re there. I’ve personally made some great friends in our community every time I attend. If top-notch speakers weren’t enough, the organizers usually plan some wonderful social events like drinks in a dinosaur museum or ‘find-the-iBeacon’.”
“For the last two years, I’ve attended NSNorth, an iOS conference held in Ottawa (Canada). It is a single-track conference that combines traditional talks with short blitz talks all centered around one main goal: bringing together independent iOS and Mac developers as well as designers to discuss the business of app development as well as creating new friendships and hopefully new business relationships. Both organizers of NSNorth go above and beyond to ensure everyone enjoys their experience at the event.”
What Can I Expect?
As an attendee you can expect sessions that leave you feeling inspired, an environment that is both safe and inclusive, and fantastic food and drink that will never leave you hungry or thirsty. This year features a new focus on togetherness and community. Everyone will be under the same roof for the entire weekend to share stories, build friendships, learn, and relax.
You can share a room with a friend or family by adding another conference pass or a special companion ticket. All your meals at the Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello will be covered.
- How much will the weekend cost?
- A conference pass, two nights of accommodation, and taxes will run you around $1215 CAD. It works out to around $1000 USD.
- We also have companion passes for children, significant others, and friends.
- Your food and drink for the weekend are included in both conference and companion tickets!
- How do I get there?
- The Chateau Montebello is 1 hour from Ottawa, and 1h:15 from Montreal
- Our Where page outlines all of the great options available from both Ottawa and Montreal if you plan to fly, take a train, or drive.
- I would like to bring my children. Will there be child care or fun things for them to do?
- We will be announcing more on this very soon! We are working on fun and educational activities for ages 4+.
- When does everything start on the Friday?
- Check-in starts at 1pm, Reception at 2pm, and our Keynote is at 4pm.
- Be sure to check our Schedule page for more information.
- Are my friends going?
- Check out our Attendees page. It doesn't list everyone, but you can see some of the great attendees already coming.
- If you don't see your friends listed, tell them about it!
- Is there a way to see what the sessions might be like?
- Are you looking for additional speakers?
- We aren't looking for more regular session speakers, but we hope you'll submit a proposal for a Blitz Talk.
- I'm a student and it's hard for me to afford a ticket, can you help?
- Absolutely, please apply for our Scholarship program.
- I would like to send a group from my company, do you have any packages or promotions?
- We do, please check out the Teams package.
- Are you looking for sponsors?
- We would love to hear from you. Please review our current Partners page and get in touch!